Sunday, October 4, 2009

Malaysian Pop Star Goes AWOL

By: Erica McCauley

We thought Western celebrities were struggling with performing in Malaysia. However, Malaysian pop star, Gary Chaw, admitted to beating a fellow Chinese pop star at a bar in down town Hong Kong. First, the incident was named a fight between the two stars, but later Chaw is quoted saying that, "Justin [Lo] did not try to injure me or hit back a single time. This was obviously not a fight. I lost control." The beating took place last Friday, and Chaw was arrested Sunday after footage of the beating was leaked. Bravely Chaw says, ""I don't have any excuses. I don't have any reasons. I was plain wrong. I'm willing to accept full responsibility, full punishment." Although, Chaw could face up to a year of imprisonment in Hong Kong for the incident, we was not immediately prosecuted.

No comments:

Post a Comment